Maryland Estate Planning Lawyers
Creating an estate plan is one of the most important things that you can ever do for your family. At the Law Offices of Sandra Guzman-Salvado, our experienced estate planning attorney wants to make sure that you have a plan for your future and the futures of your loved ones, even after you’re gone. To learn more about the estate planning process, reach out to our Maryland estate planning attorney today.
Estate Planning Services in Maryland
Our lawyer offers an array of comprehensive estate planning services for clients throughout the state. An estate plan should be as thorough as possible. Attorney Sandra Guzman-Salvado can assist you with the formation of:
- Wills. A will is one of the most essential estate planning documents, as it outlines who you want administering your estate (the executor of your estate), and how you want your property and assets distributed when you die. A will can also be used to name a guardian for any minor children you have. Note that if you die without a will, your estate will be subject to intestacy laws.
- Living wills and powers of attorney. A living will isn’t really a will at all, but rather an advance directive. An advance directive is a legal document that tells others your wishes related to your healthcare, should you become incapacitated and unable to articulate your wishes. For example, a living will provide direction regarding life-saving measures, resuscitation, and more. A power of attorney is a complement to a living will and is a legal document that provides another person with the power to make decisions on your behalf related to healthcare, your finances, or both.
- Trusts. A trust is a tool for holding assets for the sake of beneficiaries. Trusts are considered advantageous because they are exempt from the probate process and, in some cases, mitigate taxes.
- Special needs trusts. Special needs trusts are often used to provide for disabled individuals.
- Trust administration. In addition to helping you establish a trust, our attorney also can serve as your trustee and provide trust administration services.
- Emergency planning. Having a plan in place for what you’ll do in the event of an emergency, such as a health crisis, is important. Our attorney can help you to put documents and a strategy in place for preparation in case of the unexpected.
- Probate administration. Probate is a long and tedious process and one that can be complicated for an individual to engage in on their own. For representation during the probate process, call our law firm directly.
- Fiduciary services. A fiduciary is a professional who has a legal obligation to operate within your best interests. Our attorney provides numerous fiduciary services, including trust administration, estate administration, and more.
- Premarital agreements. Many people may not think of a premarital agreement as a relevant estate planning document, but it certainly is one. Premarital agreements can be useful in making clear decisions about how property will be divided upon a marriage or divorce, and therefore can be used to protect an estate.
Call Our Maryland Estate Planning Attorney Today
For counsel as you navigate the estate planning process, call the Law Offices of Sandra Guzman-Salvado
today at (301) 340-1911
. It’s never too late–or too early–to start planning for your future.
If you have questions about estate planning, call the Law Offices of Sandra Guzman-Salvado at (301) 340-1911