Tamar Begun, Esq.
- Family Law
- Child support
- Collaborative Law
- Maryland, District of Columbia
Professional Activities and Certifications:
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, Montgomery Bar Association;
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Montgomery County Bar Association;
- Member of the Collaborative Law Section of the Montgomery County Bar Association;
- Certified Training in Collaborative Law in the State of Maryland;
- Member of International Association of Collaborative Professionals;
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia.
Tammy Begun joined the firm from a background in family and domestic law.
- Law School: University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida (1st Year) graduated from Catholic University, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1991, graduated 12th in her class.
- College: University of London, semester abroad, 1986; University of Maryland, College Park, B.A., 1988
Judicial Clerkship at the Circuit Court for Montgomery County for the Honorable L. Leonard Ruben.
Trained in Collaborative Law, June 2013.
Fluent in Hebrew.
- Mission Statement: Divorce with dignity, preserve and protect the family, while helping to create a new type of family when faced with domestic challenges.
Tamar Begun, Esq.
“Was a child custody case. She left no stone unturned and hands down gave the judge enough to make a decision to let us keep the kids!”
“I hired Tammy & her firm midway through my custody modification trial. She was quickly able to rectify the errors made by my previously hired atty and get my case back on track. She was easy to talk with and get a hold of when I needed her. She came to each hearing prepared, organized and was always quick to respond when false information…”
“Tammy was amazing in my divorce/custody case. My case was extremely difficult, with several moving parts and people she had to constantly be in contact with and on top of. She helped me set realistic expectations while always being emotionally supportive. She fought for me and my children fearlessly, but was also great at negotiations…”
“I highly endorse this lawyer. She is very knowledgeable in the area of family law. Tammy is a tough litigator who will fight for her clients.”
Alicia Lucero, Family Attorney
“Tammy is an excellent family law attorney who is dedicated to client success.”
Somair Alam, Immigration Attorney
“I endorse Tammy Begun as a lawyer because she is one of the hardest working attorneys I know. She is smart, passionate about what she does, and well respected in the legal community. She is always well prepared and truly cares about each and every client she represents.”
Carlos Salvado, Criminal defense Attorney